Dmitri Matheny Workshop
Saturday, May 12, 2018
2:00 - 4:00 pm - Music in the Digital Age
Called MUSIC IN THE DIGITAL AGE, this workshop is designed as a business tool kit for today's working musician.
“Making a living as a musician is challenging,” Matheny says, “but I'm proof it can be done. In this workshop I share dozens of secrets, strategies, tips and tricks for not only surviving—but thriving.”
In this workshop, Matheny explores current music industry trends and discusses how to:
- cultivate a creative and entrepreneurial mindset;
- develop successful concert, club and festival tours;
- effectively use social media, digital resources and emerging technologies;
- publicize and promote your own performances, recordings and other projects;
- use your website to acquire fans and sell music online;
- create and manage your own record label and publishing company;
- leverage copyrights to generate income from your artistic work;
- license original compositions for use in movies, video games and online;
- negotiate contracts and understand relevant legal issues; and
- work with industry professionals as steward of your own career.
In conclusion, Matheny explains how to balance and manage business details while staying focused on your important work as an artist.