For continuing or new students, this is a great time to advance your music studies with our online classes for all ages of beginning, intermediate, and advanced learners (skill levels 1, 2, and 3). Our instructors are among the finest musicians and educators in Seattle's vibrant jazz scene. Also check out our Online Workshops!
- Online classes starting September 26th with real-time interaction between instructors and classmates
- 90 minutes once a week for 10 weeks
- Live stream via Zoom Video Conferencing
All classes are accepting new students. If you'd like to learn more about online classes or to set up a virtual informational meeting, contact us!
There are four primary components of musicianship to develop to become a conversant music maker. These studies are:
- Ear Training / Hearing - Learning to recognize and understand what we hear.
- Instrument Proficiency / Physicality - The sounds we can make depend entirely on our physical encounters with our instruments.
- Improvisation / Real-Time Composition - Speaking for ourselves, musically.
- Theory / Music Knowledge - Filling our brains and turning on light bulbs.
Most Jazz Night School classes provide study in several areas at once. Class offerings can be searched by studies and you can find more on this at Learning to Make Music.
I really love having online classes, I am taking Jared Hall's class and I'm learning a lot even if we are not together in-person.